FAQ – Frequently asked questions
2. Special information on Schengen
3. Border-crossing / Travel documents
4. For hosts in Switzerland
5. Travelling in the Schengen area with a Swiss residence permit
6. Questions on granted or refused visas
7. Long-term residency in Switzerland (more than 3 months) / Employment in Switzerland
8. Other questions
Please check the visa requirements for your nationality under the following link:
Annex 1, List 1: Overview of ID and visa provisions according to nationality
Schengen visas are valid for Switzerland and all other areas of the Schengen member states (providing nothing to the contrary is noted on the visa).
You are permitted to stay for a maximum of 90 days within any 6 month period.
You have no legal right to a visitor’s visa.
If you have any questions, you should contact the Swiss Embassy responsible for the area in which you reside: