FAQ – Frequently asked questions
2. Special information on Schengen
3. Border-crossing / Travel documents
4. For hosts in Switzerland
5. Travelling in the Schengen area with a Swiss residence permit
6. Questions on granted or refused visas
7. Long-term residency in Switzerland (more than 3 months) / Employment in Switzerland
8. Other questions
If you enter Switzerland and do not require a visa, you may be questioned by the border police on the purpose of your visit and your financial means. If you do not have sufficient financial means and cannot provide any information on where you will be staying in Switzerland and the purpose of your visit, you may be turned away at the border. One of the conditions of staying in Switzerland is that you have sufficient financial means for the duration of your stay.
Sometimes it is useful if you have a personal invitation from your host or if you are collected by the host from the airport. This is not imperative, however.