FAQ – Frequently asked questions
2. Special information on Schengen
3. Border-crossing / Travel documents
4. For hosts in Switzerland
5. Travelling in the Schengen area with a Swiss residence permit
6. Questions on granted or refused visas
7. Long-term residency in Switzerland (more than 3 months) / Employment in Switzerland
8. Other questions
Visa exemption will come into force on December 15, 2010. However, please note that visa exemption is only valid if following requirements are met:
- The person who travels holds a biometric passport issued by Bosnia-Herzegovina or Albania.
- It will be a short stay in the Schengen area (maximum 90 days in a half-year period)
- There is no gainful employment
The citizens who have a gainful employment in Switzerland are required to hold a visa.
If you have any questions, please contact the Swiss Embassy responsible for the area in which you reside: