FAQ – Frequently asked questions

Non member EU/EFTA

Go to page «Labour / Work permits»
Conditions for entering and staying in Switzerland

I am a non-Swiss citizen and would like to study in Switzerland. Whom should I apply to for a residence permit?

Apply to the migration authority of the canton in which you wish to study. A list of all cantonal migration authorities you find here here


Social security (Old Age, Survivors’ and Disability Insurance, OASI/DI; Compulsory Pension Act, CPA; Accident Insurance Act AIA; etc.).)

Family reunion
Sorry, for the time being, information on family reunion is available in German, French, and Italian only.