Calculation of short-term stays / short-stay calculator
The short-stay calculator is used to calculate the amount of time available for short stays of no more than 90 days in any 180-day period. This calculator is used for third-country nationals within the Schengen Area, regardless of their visa obligation status.
The short-stay calculator was developed by the European Commission and the Norwegian immigration authorities and is intended primarily for the following users:
- Diplomatic/consular missions
- Migration authorities
- Border control authorities
- Third-country nationals subject to a visa obligation
- Third-country nationals not subject to a visa obligation
The short-stay calculator is merely a technical tool. The results of calculations are not legally binding. In justified cases, the corresponding authorities have the express right to make exceptions.
More information can be found here: Disclaimer.
- Launch the toolClick on link "Short stay calculator" in the text
(3rd paragraph under "Harmonising rules and procedures")